My son was born on April 29,2019, and even though I had no idea what I was getting myself into, I feel like I have learned a few things.
- Self-care– This is very important! Once you have baby, don’t forget about yourself. Continue getting your nails done and pampering yourself. In order to give your baby the best care, you have to be at your best. I’m not going to lie, I still haven’t been able to completely take of myself, but everyday it gets better.
- Have food ready in the freezer – Once that baby comes, forget about cooking! I learned that the hard way. My coworkers told me make food and put it in the freezer because you won’t have time later! And I should have listened. I really thought I would be able to do it all.. hahah. The day goes by so quick when you’re taking care of a newborn and before you know it, you haven’t eaten all day.
- Enjoy the time you have with your baby– Don’t worry about going back to work and enjoy every single minute, it really does fly by!
- Accept help– Once I came home from the hospital my mother in law was over for a week, and I just did not want her to do anything! If he cried, I went to soothe him. If he needed a diaper change, I would go change it. I wouldn’t even go sleep when he was sleeping. I just didn’t accept help at all! But it is very important to get as much rest as you can, so if someone is willing to stay up with the baby to let you sleep, then let them!
- Go outside!– It’s important to get outside and get some fresh air. Just strap the baby and go for a walk! I know its overwhelming leaving the house with a newborn, but I just go right outside my house and walk. Just go out for fresh air, trust me you’ll feel better!
If you have any more tips please share in the comments!